Know your Content Strengths & Weaknesses
3 SIGNS THAT YOU MIGHT NEED A LIFT WITH YOUR BUYER PERSONAS:
- Your sales, marketing and product teams do not have a shared view on the attributes of your average prospect and how this prospect goes about their buying process.
- Your content and/or campaigns that contain generic messaging (aimed at all buyer personas) perform poorly.
- You’re relying on guesswork instead of real information as inputs to critical and expensive go-to-market decisions.
KNOW WHICH B2B MARKETING CONTENT TO KEEP, KILL, UPDATE OR ADD: CONDUCT A CONTENT AUDIT.
Once you have a deep understanding of your buyer personas and their buying journeys, turning your attention to developing B2B marketing content is a natural next step. However, many marketers don’t know where to get started and hope that some of their existing marketing content can be salvaged.
A content audit is a laborious process of evaluating each piece of B2B marketing content against a variety of criteria to determine whether it should be kept, killed, updated or complimented with the addition of new material.
The results of a content audit provide the insights needed to make intelligent decisions on B2B marketing content strategy and development for all stages of the buyer journeys and for all marketing functions including demand generation, lead nurturing and sales enablement.
MARKETING CONTENT FUELS SALES
In a matter of a few short weeks, GET LIFT can conduct an audit and help you evaluate your marketing content against what your buyer personas are looking for. Some of your B2B marketing content may be excellent and some of it likely should be retired immediately.
KNOW YOUR CONTENT
We will go through each piece of content and document our evaluation against the following critera:
EVALUATE AGAINST THESE DIMENSIONS
- Fit to segment
- Fit to personas
- Fit to stages of buying cycle
- Category of content
- Date published
- Style/Enjoyment factor
- Reporting metrics (from google analytics or your map)
CONFIDENTLY ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
Upon completion of the content audit, our clients are equipped with the insights they need to confidently answer critical B2B content marketing questions such as:
- Do we have the right B2B marketing content to satisfy the key personas at all stages of their buying cycle
- What gaps do we have in our B2B marketing content inventory?
- Where should I invest my B2B marketing content budget?
- What kind of B2B marketing content should we stop spending time and money on immediately
- How do we get better ROI from our B2B marketing content?